Becoming part of a blended family means adjusting to many changes for all parents and children involved. Depending on the ages, the children will have different feelings about this new situation. While it is natural for everyone involved to be scared or anxious, there are many positives about being part of a blended family. In addition to having a village and love and support each child, it makes them well rounded and equipped for their adult lives by being able to adapt to change. In the end, the most comforting piece of advice about blending families is that a blended family is still a family!
Advantages of Blended Families
· The children have a village to care and provide for them.
· The children can still benefit from a two-parent family.
· The children enjoy a higher standard of living. This is because of the combined incomes from all parents involved.
· The children possibly have extra family members to talk to and other kids to play with. Most of the time, the children involved can relate to one another due to the blending of the families and dealing with their parents going through separation or divorce.
· The children get to see their parents happy again, their parents happiness directly affects their own.
· It makes them well rounded and equipped for their adult lives by being able to adapt to change throughout their lives.