Let’s Talk: Creating Space
What does it mean to create space? Why does it matter and how I create space in my life.
Creating space is the concept of opening up your time, energy and physical space to allow more room to live, create and enjoy life, it can also be mental, emotional, digital, and even spiritual.
It’s all about letting go of the baggage of stuff, things (especially toxic things) — unhealthy relationships, bad habits, and limited thoughts that no longer work for us so that we can welcome new healthy relationships, new energy or opportunities. Creating space matters because it allows you to move forward and continue to GROW.
I can say that it is not easy but it is so worth it to literally declutter your life and get rid of everything that isn’t helping you become a better YOU!
Here are five ways I create space in my life…
- I create space by practicing gratitude and being appreciative of what I already have before asking for more.
- I create space by managing my expectations. When there’s a gap between what I want or expect and reality, it can cause a lot of anxiety, frustration, and discord. Managing my expectations allows me to be okay with what is.
- I create space by overcoming scarcity mindset. I practice not assuming that there aren’t enough resources for me, and I understand that what is mine is for me to receive, it does not take away from anyone else.
- I create space by admitting when I don’t know. I release myself from the burden of having to know the answer to everything. Sometimes it’s easier to admit I don’t know rather than stress myself to know. This allows me to learn from others.
- I create space by being mindful and present in the moment. You can’t change the past or predict the future, so I try not to let what was or what could be disrupt what I can enjoy now.
So, what are you holding on to that is making it difficult to create the space you need in your life for what you truly want?
If you found this helpful or insightful please like, share with your friends and leave me a comment below!!