“Idle Worship” The insatiable yearning for companionship in a woman who hasn’t fulfilled her God-given destiny.
I know you know the women who say things like:
“When I get married, my husband and I are going to do everything together.”
“When God sends my husband, then my life will be complete.”
“I want to be married by the time I turn…”
“Take myself out on a date? I can’t go out alone, everyone would stare at me.”
“Everyone is getting married except me.”
However in Chapter 4 of my book: The Master Reset- A girl’s ultimate guide to clearing off space from her spiritual hard drive, I share tips on how women can maximize their time as a single. Many women may look at being single as a prison sentence however as the saying goes, do the time don’t let the time do you so I came up with a list of things women can incorporate in their lives in order to be content in whatsoever state they are in:
- Start thinking about your legacy– How do you want to be remembered?
- Own stock/invest– Digital Currency is the future, even if you don’t want to own it why not take the time to learn more about it?
- Buy property– Acquire a piece of land/property
- Start/Create a company– Write a business plan or outline a concept for a nonprofit or hybrid, open a restaurant/storefront business
- Get creative and expressive-Start a blog/website/Create a clothing or online store/boutique
- Build on your prayer life or schedule dedicated time to God- this can include prayer, fasting, praise and worship, Bible reading, etc. (*Advanced level: dedicate a set time to get in the presence of God and when you have set this time, work on not compromising this sacred time for anyone or anything else)
- Work on your health and wellness- begin a workout program, diet, join a new gym or workout class, the goal is to become a better, healthier, stronger version of yourself, not chase a particular number on the scale.
- Create a “to read” list- what books do you want to read in the next 3 months
- Cook a new meal every day– Cook a new recipe or teach yourself how to cook a dish that is a staple in a country other than your own
- Write a play/script for a movie
- Publish a book(s)
- Travel to a place for which a passport is required
- Write a goal list of at least 100 things you want to try
It would be awesome if we as millennial women changed our perspective on singleness and redefined and understood that there is purpose in being single. Our season as single women, (or women who are not legally or officially married), is the time for us to continuously unearth our God-given identity, God-given purpose, and God-ordained plan for our life. This season as a single woman is the time to enjoy the company of self and tap into the hidden treasures within our hearts that God has placed in each of us, a time to truly love and serve God and cherish and serve the people around us.